WSO2 Enterprise Integrator (WSO2 EI) version 6.2.0 is the next level of the ESB, which provides a powerful solution for integrating systems. This brings together the functionalities encapsulated in the following WSO2 products:
- WSO2 Enterprise Service Bus (ESB)
- WSO2 Data Services Server (DSS)
- WSO2 Business Process Server (BPS)
- WSO2 Message Broker (MB)
The features of the above products are encapsulated in WSO2 EI as separate runtimes (profiles). These profiles (which includes developer tooling, and analytics) are listed below. WSO2 EI version 6.2.0 is the successor of version 6.1.1.
- ESB profile: Consists of WSO2 ESB and WSO2 DSS.
- Business Process profile: Consists of WSO2 BPS for handling long-running business processes.
- Message Broker profile: Consists of WSO2 MB for brokering and reliable messaging.
- MSF4J profile: Provides the capability of creating microservices in Java to facilitate your integration use cases.
- Analytics profile: Provides the capability of monitoring statistics of integration flows (processed in the ESB runtime) as well as business process (processed in the Business Process runtime).
For more information, see Overview.
What's new in this release
WSO2 EI 6.2.0 is a major release that is shipped with the following new features:
- General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Compliance
Compliance with GDPR Regulations with the implementation of the Right to be Forgotten through a tool that allows an external user’s personally identifiable information (PII) to be anonymized.
Support for consent management policies for third-party applications and user sign-up pages.
Introduction of cookie policies and privacy policies.
- From WSO2 EI 6.1.0 onwards, it does not ship the functionalities of WSO2 Application Server (AS). However, you can develop applications using MSF4J, JAX-RS or JAX-WS technologies and deploy in WSO2 EI. If you already have applications in WAR or AAR formats, use WSO2 AS 5.3.0 or Tomcat as the server to deploy web apps. Nevertheless, WSO2 still provides complete development and production support for WSO2 AS.
- Look and feel of WSO2 EI Tooling is improved in the Dashboard, Palette and ESB Diagrams drawn in the canvas.
- Re-write of the Cache Mediator to improve its functionalities.
- This version introduces the Resequence Message Store.
- Added a new Synapse property (i.e.,
synapse.json.to.xml.processing.instruction.enabled) to add processing instructions when performing JSON to XML conversions. For more information, see Configuring synapse.properties.
- Enhanced the HTTP support, to facilitate DELETE requests and responses with/without an entity body. For more information, see HTTP Transport Properties.
- Upgraded the Virtual File System (VFS) transport support to use the Apache Commons VFS 2.2 library.
- Look and feel of the Analytics profile is improved with the ability to view the invoked fault sequence in the Message Flow diagram for failed messages.
This section lists out the features that were updated or introduced newly to WSO2 EI 6.2.0 via WUM updates.
|Updated or newly introduced features||The date of the update|
|Updating the password validation||Effective from the 12th of July 2018|
Compatible WSO2 product versions
WSO2 EI 6.2.0 is based on WSO2 Carbon 4.4.26 and is expected to be compatible with any of the WSO2 products that are based on any Carbon 4.4.x version. If you get any compatibility issues, contact team WSO2. For information on the third-party software required with WSO2 EI 6.2.0, see Installation Prerequisites. For more information on the product releases (i.e., released date etc.) done in each Carbon platform release, see the Release Matrix.
For a list of fixed issues in this release, see WSO2 EI - Fixed Issues.
For a complete list of known issues in this release, see WSO2 EI - Open Issues.
For instructions on upgrading to this release of WSO2 EI, see Upgrading from a Previous Release.