Prior to installing WSO2 Enterprise Integrator, it is necessary to have the appropriate prerequisite software installed on your system. Verify that the computer has the supported operating system and development platforms before starting the installation.
- 3 GHz Dual-core Xeon/Opteron (or latest)
- 4 GB RAM (2 GB for JVM and 2 GB for the operating system)
- 10 GB free disk space
- ~ Recommended minimum - 2 Cores. For high concurrencies and better performances - 4 Cores.
Disk space is based on the expected storage requirements that are calculated by considering the file uploads and the backup policies. For example, if three WSO2 product instances are running in a single machine, it requires a 4 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM (2 GB for the operating system and 6 GB (2 GB for each WSO2 product instance)) and 30 GB of free space.
|Virtual Machine (VM)|
- 2 compute units minimum (each unit having 1.0-1.2 GHz Opteron/Xeon processor)
- 4 GB RAM
- 10 GB free disk space
- One CPU unit for the operating system and one for JVM.
Three WSO2 product instances running would require VM of 4 compute units, 8 GB RAM, and 30 GB free space.
~ 512 MB heap size. This is generally sufficient to process typical SOAP messages but the requirements vary with larger message sizes and the number of messages processed concurrently.
- 1 c5.large instance to run one WSO2 product instance.
|Operating systems/ Databases|
The following applications are required for running WSO2 Enterprise Integrator and its samples. Mandatory installs are marked with *.
Oracle Java SE Development Kit (JDK)*
Some updates of JDK 1.8 (for example, JDK1.8.0_151) are affected by a known issue related to GZIP decoding. Until this issue is fixed, we recommend one of the following approaches:
- To find out if this version of the product has issues running on your OS due to the JDK version, see Known Incompatibilities.
- Alternatively, you can disable GZIP decoding for your product by following the steps given below. This will ensure that your product is not affected by the known issue.
- Open the
catalina-server.xml file in each profile of WSO2 EI. Listed below are the folders that store this file for each profile:
- ESB profile:
- BPS/MB, and Analytics profiles:
<EI_HOME>/wso2/<PROFILE_NAME>/conf/tomcat/ directory (where
<PROFILE_NAME> is the name of the profile).
compression parameter (under each of the connector configurations) to false as shown below:
- Restart the server.
1.7.0 or later
- To build the product from the source distribution (both JDK and Apache Maven are required). If you are installing by downloading and extracting the binary distribution instead of building from the source code, you do not need to install Maven.
On Windows Server 2003, you must not go below the medium security level in Internet Explorer 6.x.
You are now ready to install WSO2 Enterprise Integrator. Click one of the following topics for instructions: