WSO2 Enterprise Integrator (WSO2 EI) tooling provides capabilities of a complete Eclipse-based development environment for the EI. You can develop services, features, and artifacts as well as manage their links and dependencies via the simplified graphical editor of WSO2 EI tooling.
You can install tooling using any of the following methods:
By default, some MacOS versions are shipped with JDK 1.9, which will not be compatible with WSO2 EI Tooling. Hence, you need to override it by installing Oracle JDK 1.8 and updating the folder path of the JDK 1.8 distribution in the Eclipse distribution when installing WSO2 EI Tooling.
For example, if you are using MacOS High Sierra (Version 10.13.4) with Oracle JDK 1.8.0_151, add the following properties to the
Install WSO2 EI tooling with pre-packaged Eclipse
This method uses a complete plug-in installation with pre-packaged Eclipse so that you do not have to install Eclipse separately.
All you need to do is download the distribution based on your operating system, extract, and run it. For earlier versions, click More Resources and then click Previous Releases.
Getting an error message? See the troubleshooting tips given under Troubleshooting.
Install WSO2 EI tooling on Eclipse Mars using the P2 URL
Before you begin!
Follow the steps given below:
- Open Eclipse and click Help > Install New Software.
- On the dialog box that appears, click Add.
Click Download and then click Install from P2 Repository to copy the URL of the P2 repository.
For earlier versions, click More Resources and then click Previous Releases.
- Specify EI Tool as the Name, paste the URL you copied in the previous step as the Location and click OK.
Select all the check boxes and click Next.
Read and accept the license agreements and click Finish.
If a security warning appears saying that the authenticity or validity of the software cannot be established, click OK.
- Restart Eclipse to complete the installation.
- Getting an error message? See the troubleshooting tips given under Troubleshooting.
- Want to update WSO2 EI tooling? Start Eclipse, click Developer Studio, click Check for Updates, select the required updates, and click Install.
Follow the steps given below, based on your OS, to resolve the errors you got and start using WSO2 EI tooling.