Message flows provide graphical and textual views of the globally engaged handlers of the system at any point of time. The modules use the handlers to engage in different message flows at defined phases. There are four different message flows defined in the system (explained in the following section). You can observe the handlers invoked in each phase of each flow in real time.
For example, the "Apache/Rampart" module (the security module of the system) defines the handlers in the security phase of each flow, which handles the security aspects of the messages that are transferred through these flows. So if the "Rampart" module is engaged, you will see the "Apache/Rampart" handlers in the message flows in real time.
Follow the instructions below to access the Message Flows.
- Sign in. Enter your user name and password to log on to the WSO2 EI Management Console.
- Click on "Monitor" on the left side to access the "Monitor" menu.
- In the "Monitor" menu, click on "Message Flows."
- The "Message Flows" page with the graphical view of the message flows appears. There are four different flows defined in the system:
- In Flow - A correct message coming into the system.
- Out Flow - A correct message going out of the system.
- In Fault Flow - A faulty message coming into the system.
- Out Fault Flow - A faulty message going out of the system.
- In the graphical view of the message flows, click the links to get a view of the engaged handlers in each phase. For example, the figure below shows the handlers engaged in the Addressing phase at system start up.
- You can see the text view of message flows. Click on the "Show Text View" link.
- The page with the text view of message flows appears. The textual view provides the name and the fully qualified classes of all handlers within each and every phase.