WSO2 Enterprise Integrator (WSO2 EI) version 6.4.0 is the next level of the ESB, which provides a powerful solution for integrating systems. This brings together the functionalities encapsulated in the following WSO2 products:
- WSO2 Enterprise Service Bus (ESB)
- WSO2 Data Services Server (DSS)
- WSO2 Business Process Server (BPS)
- WSO2 Message Broker (MB)
The features of the above products are encapsulated in WSO2 EI as separate runtimes (profiles). These profiles (which includes developer tooling, and analytics) are listed below. WSO2 EI version 6.4.0 is the successor of version 6.3.0.
- ESB profile: Consists of WSO2 ESB and WSO2 DSS.
- Micro Integrator profile: Consists of WSO2 ESB and WSO2 DSS.
- Business Process profile: Consists of WSO2 BPS for handling long-running business processes.
- Message Broker profile: Consists of WSO2 MB for message brokering and reliable messaging.
- MSF4J profile: Provides the capability of creating microservices in Java to facilitate your integration use cases.
- Analytics profile: Provides the capability of monitoring statistics of integration flows (processed in the ESB runtime). The Analytics profile is an instance of WSO2 Stream Processor that is packaged and shipped in WSO2 EI.
For more information, see Overview.
For more information about this release of WSO2 EI, see the topics below.
What's new in this release
WSO2 EI 6.4.0 is a major release that is shipped with the features explained below.
- Introducing WSO2 Stream Processor for ESB analytics
- Using a basic auth handler for securing REST APIs
- Using the Kerberos mediator for authentication
- Monitoring HTTP access Logs
- Enabling a separate keystore for encrypting data in internal data stores (Crypto service)
- Enabling the sender's email address in the proxy service (using the MailTo transport)
- Adding expressions for class mediator properties
- Configuring the password length when securing passwords in the ESB
- Configuring SSL protocols and cipher suites for MQTT and AMQP transports in the Message Broker
- Running the Micro Integrator on Docker
- Securing plain text passwords in the Micro Integrator
- Viewing REST APIs and proxy services that are deployed in the Micro Integrator
Compatible WSO2 product versions
For information on the Carbon platform version and Carbon Kernel version of WSO2 EI 6.4.0, see the Release Matrix. All WSO2 products that are based on specific Carbon Kernel versions. If you come across any compatibility issues, contact team WSO2. For information on the third-party software required with WSO2 EI 6.4.0, see Installation Prerequisites.
For a list of fixed issues in this release, see WSO2 EI - Fixed Issues.
For a complete list of known issues in this release, see WSO2 EI - Open Issues.
For instructions on upgrading to this release of WSO2 EI, see REMOVE-Upgrading from a Previous Release.