WSO2 Enterprise Integrator (WSO2 EI) version 6.6.0 is the latest release of the WSO2 EI 6.x.x family, which provides a powerful solution for integrating systems. This brings together the functionalities encapsulated in the following WSO2 products:
- WSO2 Enterprise Service Bus (ESB)
- WSO2 Message Broker (MB)
- WSO2 Business Process Server (BPS)
- WSO2 Stream Processor (SP)
The Micro Integrator, which was previous released with the WSO2 EI 6.x.x family is now released as a separate integrator of the WSO2 Enterprise Integrator 7.0.0 family.
The features of the above products are encapsulated in WSO2 EI 6.6.0 as separate runtimes (profiles). These profiles (which include developer tooling and analytics) are listed below. WSO2 EI version 6.6.0 is the successor of version 6.5.0.
- ESB profile: Consists of WSO2 ESB and WSO2 DSS.
- Message Broker profile: Consists of WSO2 MB for message brokering and reliable messaging.
- Business Process profile: Consists of WSO2 BPS for handling long-running business processes.
- Analytics profile: Provides the capability of monitoring statistics of integration flows (processed in the ESB runtime). The Analytics profile is an instance of WSO2 Stream Processor that is packaged and shipped in WSO2 EI.
For more information, see the product overview.
For more information about this specific version of WSO2 EI, see the topics below.
What's new in this release
WSO2 EI 6.6.0 is a major release that is shipped with the following new features:
- Support for JDK 11.
- Introducing log4j2 logging.
- Inject parameters dynamically to different deployments.
- Integration Test Suites in WSO2 Integration Studio.
- Generate REST APIs using Swagger definition.
- ESB monitoring using Jaeger.
- Introducing the READ task for BPMN processes. This allows a BPMN process to read information from the registry, an environment variable, or a system variable.
Compatible WSO2 product versions
For information on the Carbon platform version and Carbon Kernel version of WSO2 EI 6.6.0, see the Release Matrix. All WSO2 products are based on specific Carbon Kernel versions. If you come across any compatibility issues, contact team WSO2. For information on the third-party software required with WSO2 EI 6.6.0, see Installation Prerequisites.
For a list of fixed issues in this release, see the following:
Following features are removed in this release:
- Priority Executors, Enqueue Mediator
- Bean Mediator
- POJO Command Mediator
- Conditional Router Mediator
- In, Out Mediators
- Event Mediator and In memory Topics
- ESB artifacts option in Management console
- Ability to run samples from runtime. You need you use Integration Studio to deploy them
For a complete list of known issues in this release, see WSO2 EI 6.x.x - Open Issues.
For instructions on upgrading to this release of the WSO2 EI 6.x.x family, see Upgrading from a Previous Release.