Follow the instructions below to register an iOS-powered device:
- The super tenant and the tenant admin needs to login to the EMM Console at least once before registering a device. For more information, see Registering a Device.
- Open the registration email that you received on your mobile and click on the URL provided in the email. The Safari browser will pop-up with the EMM registration screen as follows:
- iOS devices need the root certificate to be downloaded to trust the server certificate. If the certificate is a self-signed SSL certificate, tap Download the Root Certificate else go to step 3. To download the root certificate you need to tap Install as required. The EMM registration screen will reappear.
- Tap Download Agent. To download the MDM Agent, you need to tap Install where ever required and finally tap Done.
- Enter your server address, based on your environment, in the text box provided.
- Developer Environment - Enter your server IP as your server address.
- Deployment Environment - Enter your domain as your server address.
- Tap Start Registration.
- Enter your details.
- Username - Enter the username provided in the email.
- Password - Enter the password provided in the email.
- Domain - You need to enter your domain only if the server is hosted with multi-tenant support.
- Ownership type - Select the corresponding device ownership option.
- BYOD - Bring your own device (BYOD) policy.
- COPE - Corporate owned personally enabled (COPE) policy.
- Tap Sign In. Based on the ownership type the EMM registration will process will vary.
- If you select BYOD go to step 8 - You will be shown a policy agreement, which you can either accept or reject. However, you will get access to EMM only if you accept the policy agreement.
- If you select COPE go to step 9 - As you are using a corporate owned device, you will not be shown a policy agreement. However, you will have to adhere to the company policy.
- After reading the policy, tap I Accept. The MDM warning message will appear requesting you to install the user profile.
A warning message will appear to indicate that by installing the profile the EMM will remotely manage the iOS device. Tap Install where ever required.
Tap Install Now. Upon successful registration the following confirmation will appear. Upon successfully registering your browser will be automatically closed. Thereafter, after 1 or 2 seconds, the native iOS Agent will be loaded.
- Tap OK to allow the EMM Agent to fetch your current location.