The following are the key concepts available in WSO2 Enterprise Mobility Manager (EMM):
Mobile Device Management (MDM)
WSO2 EMM's core function to manage devices. The following features list out how WSO2 EMM manages the devices enrolled.
- Self-service device enrollment and management with end-user EMM Console for iOS, Android, and Windows devices.
- Integrates to enterprise identity systems for device ownership: LDAP, Microsoft AD
- Policy-driven device and profile management for security, data, and device features (Camera, Password Policy).
- Deploy policies over-the-air.
- Compliance monitoring for applied policies on devices.
- Role-based access control (RBAC) for device management.
- Securely wipe enterprise configurations from Enterprise wipe.
- Track locations of enrolled devices.
- Retrieve device information.
- Facilitate device-owner operations such as registering and unregistering devices, installing, rating, sorting mobile apps, etc.
Mobile App Management
WSO2 EMM manages applications installed on the mobile devices.
- Supports App management.
- App approval process through a lifecycle.
- Provision and de-provisioning apps to enrolled devices.
- Provision apps to enrolled devices based on roles.
- Provision apps to multiple enrolled devices per user.
- Retrieve the list of apps.
- Install new apps and update existing apps on iOS devices via REST APIs, enabling automation of application installation/updates for third-party systems/vendors.
- Install Web Clips on devices.
- Enterprise App Store.
Discover mobile apps through an Enterprise App Store.
Self-provisioning of mobile apps to devices.
Rating and Sorting Applications.
Device and Data Security
Another key area with WSO2 EMM is that it securely manages devices and data.
- Multi-tenancy to ensure data isolation across all tenants.
- Enforce built-in security features of passcode and encryption.
- Encryption of data storage.
- Device lock and reset.
- Managed APIs to perform administrative functions.
- Ring and GPS to locate device remotely if lost/stolen.