Follow the instructions below to create a new Android application.
- Log in to the App Publisher using the following URL:
- Click Add New Mobile Application that is under the Mobile Application drop down.
- Select Android for Platform on which the application (app) will be based on.
- Select the Store Type. The available store types are given below:
- Enterprise - Refers to all apps that have been created by the organization.
- Public - Refers to publicly available apps (e.g., free apps available online).
Creating a new mobile application:
If you are creating an enterprise app, select the APK file as shown below.
The APK file size should not exceed 200MB.
If you are creating a public app in the Play Store, enter the exact package ID of the Play Store app as shown below.
The following table provides a few examples of how to identify the package ID as the position of the package ID may vary in the URL.
URL Package ID Identifying the Package ID https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.andropenoffice com.andropenoffice The package ID appears after "id=". https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.viber.voip&hl=en com.viber.voip The package ID appears between "id=" and "&".
- Click Next, and you will get the following screen:
Enter the following details of the app.
- Name - The full name of the app.
- Display Name - The name of the app that is displayed to the user.
- Description - A summarized description of the app.
- Recent Changes - Optional. A summarized description of what is new in this app when compared to its previous version.
- Version - Version of the public application. If you have previously entered a different version of this app, make sure to enter a unique version number.
- Category - Select the category that this app needs to be listed under.
- Visibility - Enter the user roles that this app will be visible to.
- Tags - You can group mobile applications under a specific category using tags. Define the category and press enter.
- Click on the respective + buttons to upload the required images.
- Banner - Image that will appear as the app banner.
- Screenshots - Screenshots of the app so that the user can get an understanding of what the app offers. A maximum of four screenshots are allowed.
- Icon file - The image that will be used as the application icon in the Store and when the application is installed on a device.
The recommended image extension is
.pngwhile the recommended dimensions are as follows:
- Icons: 124px x 124px
- Screenshots: 288px x 512px (landscape) and 512px x 288px (portrait)
- Banners: 705px x 344px
- Click Create. The created app will appear in the created list of apps.
After creating the mobile app, authorized users can review, approve, and publish the mobile application. For more information, see Mobile Application Lifecycle Management.