New features can be easily installed into the ESB by using the "WSO2 Carbon Component Manager" that comes with the ESB. Component manager is powered by Equinox P2 and allows you to connect to a remote or local P2 repository and get any feature installed into the ESB runtime. The installed features can be uninstalled. For more information about features, see Features.
If you are on Windows, be sure to point the
-Dcarbon.home property in the product's startup script (
wso2server.bat) to the product's distribution home (e.g.,
-Dcarbon.home=C:\Users\VM\Desktop\wso2as-5.2.1). Then, restart the server. If not, you might not be able to install features through the management console.
Follow the instructions below to install new features into the ESB.
1. Sign in. Enter your user name and password to log on to the ESB Management Console.
2. Click the "Configure" button to access the "Configure" menu.
3. In the "Configure" menu of "ESB Management Console," click "Features."
4. In the "Feature Management" page select the "Available Features" tab.
5. This section allows you to search for available features in repositories. You can select the exact repository or all available repositories from the drop-down menu. If there is no added repository, see Repository Management to add one.
6. Some repositories contains multiple versions of features. If you are only interested in the latest versions, you can use the "Show only the latest versions" option.
7. Click on the "Find features" button.
8. You will see a list of all the features. Select the ones you want to add marking them using check-boxes.
To find a particular feature in the list, use the search function. Enter the name of a feature (or a part of the name) and press "Enter".
9. Click "Install."
10. The "Install Details" window appears. Formalize yourself with the provided information and click "Next."
11. Read and accept the terms of license agreement. Click "Next."
12. The installation process starts. It may take a few minutes to download the necessary components.
13. The installation process is complete. Click "Finish" and restart the ESB server for the changes to take effect.