If you have multiple instances of the WSO2 Enterprise Service Bus and want to move your data and deployment artifacts (including ESB message flow artifacts) from one instance to another (such as moving from development to test or production), you can easily migrate your deployment artifacts from one ESB instance to another using WSO2 Developer Studio as follows.
- In Developer Studio, create an ESB Config project and point to your existing Synapse deployment artifacts. (See Creating ESB Artifacts in the Developer Studio documentation.)
- Create a Carbon Application Project (C-App) from the ESB Config project, and then export the C-App as a Carbon Application Archive (CAR) file. (See Packaging Artifacts Into Deployable Archives in the Developer Studio documentation.)
- Upload the CAR file into your new ESB instance. (See Uploading an Application.)
For more information on using Developer Studio, see the Developer Studio documentation.
Upgrading from a Previous Release
See Upgrading from the Previous Release in the following situations:
- The new environment you are migrating to has a different database version. In this case, you must upgrade the older database.
- You want to upgrade from a previous Enterprise Service Bus release to a new one.