The "SOAP Tracer" shows the SOAP messages, the respective SOAP message requests and responses - when the services are deployed on the server, and the invoked operations. By default, this feature is turned off. You have to turn it on to enable tracing.
Turning on the Tracer feature will have a drag on the performance. This is because SOAP messages are always completely built (deferred building is not possible) and stored in the database. Hence this option should be used with caution.
Follow the instructions below to access the SOAP Tracer.
1. Sign in. Enter your user name and password to log on to the ESB Management Console.
2. Click on "Monitor" on the left side to access the "Monitor" menu.
3. In the "Monitor" menu, click on "SOAP Tracer."
4. In the drop-down menu, select "Yes."
5. The tracer will show the messages of the operations that were invoked.
The SOAP messages are shown with their time-stamps, service name, operation invoked and the number of requests to the server. The most recent SOAP messages are listed on the top. When a particular SOAP message is selected, its "Request" and "Response" can be viewed.
SOAP tracer only captures messages that go via Axis2 services and proxy services. It does not capture messages that go via the main sequence and REST APIs.
This tracer does not apply to operations invoked in the admin services, as they are filtered out.
6. Use the "Search" function to find a message. Fill in the field with a word (some words or a part of word) containing in a message and click on the"Search button.
7. You will see the message in the "Messages" list and its full description will be shown in the "Request" or "Response" textarea.