The Transaction Mediator can provide transaction facility for a set of mediators defined as its child mediators. The Transaction Mediator with the action
new indicates the entry point for the transaction. A transaction is marked completed by the Transaction Mediator with the action
commit. The suspend and resume actions are used to pause a transaction at some point and start it again later. Additionally, the Transaction Mediator supports three other actions:
- Commit transaction (commit) - Ends the transaction.
- Fault if no transaction (fault-if-no-tx) - Goes to error handler if no transaction.
- Initiate new transaction (new) - Entries point for new transaction.
- Resume transaction (resume) - Resumes a paused transaction.
- Suspend transaction (suspend) - Pauses a transaction.
- Rollback transaction (rollback) - Rollback a transaction.
- Use existing or initiate transaction (use-existing-or new) - If a transaction already exists, continue it or create a new transaction.
You can configure the Mediator using XML. Click on "switch to source view" in the "Mediator" window.