This section provides detailed information about the ESB components.
- Template - Templates provide an ideal way to improve reusability and readability of ESB configurations/XMLs. You can use predefined templates that reflect commonly used enterprise integration patterns for rapid development of ESB message/mediation flows.
- Task - A task allows you to run a piece of code triggered by a timer. WSO2 ESB provides a default scheduled task, which can be used to inject a message to the ESB at a scheduled interval (5000 ms). You can also write your own task, for example, you can create a task that will read a text file at a specified location and place orders for stocks that are given in the text file.
- Endpoint - An endpoint is the external destination for an outgoing message through WSO2 ESB. An <endpoint> element defines an endpoint in the configuration.
- Carbon Application (C-App) - A C-App is a collection of artifacts, which can be deployed on a Carbon instance to easily port a Web services based solution from one environment to another.
- Topic - You can use the tree view in the Topic Browser to view and manage all the topics available on the server.