This is the default RDBMS datasource configuration provided by WSO2. You can also write your own RDBMS configuration by selecting the custom datasource option. Enter values for the following fields when using the default RDBMS datasource configuration:
- Data Source Type: RDBMS
- Name: Name of the datasource (must be a unique value)
- Data Source Provider: Specify the datasource provider.
- Driver: The class name of the JDBC driver to use. Be sure to copy the JDBC driver relevant to the database engine to the
<ESB_HOME>/repository/components/libdirectories. For example, if you are using MySQL, you would specify
com.mysql.jdbc.Driveras the driver and would copy
mysql-connector-java-5.XX-bin.jarto these directories. If you do not copy the driver to these directories when you create the datasource, you will get an exception similar to "Cannot load JDBC driver class com.mysql.jdbc.Driver".
- URL: The connection URL to pass to the JDBC driver to establish the connection
- User Name: The connection user name to pass to the JDBC driver to establish the connection
- Password: The connection password to pass to the JDBC driver to establish the connection
- Expose as a JNDI Data Souce: Allows you to specify the JNDI data source
- Data Source Configuration Parameters: Allows you to specify the datasource connection pool parameters when creating an RDBMS datasource
After creating datasources, they appear on the Data Sources page. You canas needed by clicking their Edit or Delete links.