New features can be easily installed into the ESB by using the "WSO2 Carbon Component Manager" that comes with the ESB. Component manager is powered by Equinox P2 and allows you to connect to a remote or local P2 repository and get any feature installed into the ESB runtime. The installed features can be uninstalled. For more information on features, see Working with Features.
If you are on Windows, be sure to point the
-Dcarbon.home property in the product's startup script (
wso2server.bat) to the product's distribution home (e.g.,
-Dcarbon.home=C:\Users\VM\Desktop\wso2as-5.2.1). Then, restart the server. If not, you might not be able to install features through the management console.
Follow the instructions below to install new features into the ESB.
1. Sign in. Enter your user name and password to log on to the ESB Management Console.
2. Click the "Configure" button to access the "Configure" menu.
3. In the "Configure" menu of "ESB Management Console," click "Features."
4. In the "Feature Management" page select the "Available Features" tab.
5. This section allows you to search for available features in repositories. You can select the exact repository or all available repositories from the drop-down menu. If there is no added repository, see Managing Feature Repositories to add one.
The following options can be selected.
Show only the latest versions
Some repositories contain multiple versions of features. If you are only interested in the latest versions, click the Show only the latest versions option.
Group features by category
A feature category is a logical grouping of the features which constitute a particular Carbon-based product. The "Group features by category" option enables you to easily view and select the entire list of features of a particular product at once. For example, the features required to install WSO2 Data Services Server is grouped under the 'Data Services Server' feature category as shown below.
If you uncheck this option when finding features, you will see an uncategorized, flat feature list from which individual features can be selected separately.
6. Once the repository and options are selected, click on the "Find features" button.
7. You will see a list of all the features. Select the ones you want to add marking them using check-boxes.
To find a particular feature in the list, use the search function. Enter the name of a feature (or a part of the name) and press "Enter".
8. Click "Install."
9. The "Install Details" window appears. Formalize yourself with the provided information and click "Next."
10. Read and accept the terms of license agreement. Click "Next."
11. The installation process starts. It may take a few minutes to download the necessary components.
12. The installation process is complete. Click "Finish" and restart the ESB server for the changes to take effect.