Installing the ESB
These steps provide the fastest way to download and install the ESB. For more detailed information, see the installation topics in the table of contents.
- Ensure that the following are in your environment:
- JDK 1.6.* or higher is installed
- JAVA_HOME environment variable is set to <JDK_HOME>. For example,
- Go to http://wso2.com/products/enterprise-service-bus/, click Binary, and download the ESB distribution ZIP file.
- Extract the ZIP file.
The path to this folder will be referred to as
<PRODUCT_HOME>throughout the documentation.
<PRODUCT_HOME>/repository/conf/log4j.propertiesand change the log level of
This will cause the ESB to output debug messages for the actions it is performing, which we can then monitor in the Management Console as described later in the tutorial.
Running the product
You are now ready to start the server and then start the Management Console.
To start the server:
- Open a command prompt (or a shell in Linux) and go to the
- Start the ESB server by executing
The operation log keeps running until the server starts, which usually takes several seconds. Wait until the server has fully booted up and displays a message similar to "WSO2 Carbon started in n seconds."
To start the Management Console:
- Open a web browser and enter this URL: https://localhost:9443/carbon.
On the ESB Sign-in screen, type admin for the username and admin for the password, and then click Sign-in.
The home page of the management console opens with various menu items listed on the left navigation panel.
You are now ready for Lesson Two: Mediating Messages.