What's new in this release
WSO2 ESB version 4.8.1 is the successor of version 4.8.0. It contains several enhancements to the HL7 transport:
- Now uses thread pools for the HL7 transport.
- Provides a custom HL7 message store that allows you to store HL7 messages for auditing and replaying.
Support for transferring messages between HL7 and the file system (including streams from an FTP port) using the HL7 and VFS transports.
- Improved handling of invalid messages, including wrapping the raw message in a SOAP envelope and optionally passing it through to the out sequence instead of the fault sequence.
ESB 4.8.1 is compatible with WSO2 Carbon 4.2.0 products. For more information on the products in each Carbon platform release, see the Release Matrix.
- Before the 4.8.0 release, the Transport Management feature allowed you to override transport configuration at runtime using the ESB management console. Because changing transports at runtime can lead to server instability and is not a recommended practice, this feature was deprecated in 4.8.0. For information on configuring transports, see Configuring Transports.
- Mediation libraries were replaced by in 4.8.0.
Fixed and known issues
This release includes several bug fixes, including improvements to C-App deployment, the Fast XSLT mediator, and hot deployment of the Class mediator. For a complete list of the fixed and known issues in this release, see the following links: