Before adding the BAM mediator to a sequence, you must configure a server profile that contains the transport and credential data required to connect to the BAM/DAS/CEP thrift server. In each server profile, you also need to configure one or more event streams to identify the data to be extracted from the configuration context of the mediation sequence.
The following section walks you through the steps to configure a BAM server profile.
You can follow the same steps to configure a server profile for any server with a listening thrift port, such as WSO2 Data Analytics Server (WSO2 DAS) or WSO2 Complex Event Processor (WSO2 CEP). You can then use the BAM mediator to connect to that server through the server profile that you configure.
To configure a BAM server profile:
- On the Configure tab in the ESB Management Console, click BAM Server Profile.
- To edit an existing BAM server profile, click Edit Profile for that profile. To add a new profile, click Add profile.
- Specify the following:
- Profile Name: Enter a unique value for this profile.
- Server Credential: Enter the user name and password to log in to the BAM server.
- Protocol: Leave Thrift selected.
- Enable Security: If you require message confidentiality between the ESB server and BAM server, click Enable Security.
- IP Address: Enter the host IP address of the BAM server. By default, this is the IP address of the localhost. You can verify the host IP address on the home page of the BAM Management Console.
- Receiver Port: If security was not enabled, specify the Thrift server port. The default is 7611, which you should increment by the same value as the Integrating with WSO2 BAM, WSO2 DAS and WSO2 CEP. if you configured a port offset for BAM (such as 7612 if the BAM port offset is 1). For more information, see
- Authentication Port: Specify a value 100 higher than the receiver port. The default is 7711, which you should increment by the same value as the Integrating with WSO2 BAM, WSO2 DAS and WSO2 CEP. . For more information, see
- To configure an event stream, specify the following, and then click Add Stream:
- Name: Any string with alpha-numeric characters.
- Version: Distinguishes different streams with the same stream name. Default version should be 1.0.0.
- Nickname: A meaningful nickname that will help you identify the stream.
- Description: A meaningful description of this particular stream defined by the stream name/version pair.
- Repeat step 4 to add additional streams as needed.
- Click Save.
You can now select this server profile and one of its streams when adding a BAM Mediator.