You can edit, redeploy, and enable/disable statistics and tracing for a proxy service using the management console. All existing proxy services are displayed in the Services list with a special icon used to denote proxy services: .
Follow the instructions below to set up specific configurations for a Proxy Service.
- Sign in. Enter your user name and password to log on to the ESB Management Console.
- Click on Main in the left menu and then click List to open the Deployed Services page where all the available proxy services can be viewed.
Click on the proxy service you want to modify to open its service dashboard.
The proxy service actions are initiated by clicking on the respective links that could be found in the Specific Configuration panel.
To redeploy a proxy service, enable/disable statistics and enable/disable tracing, click on the appropriate links in the Specific Configuration panel. The WSO2 Carbon window with the confirmation of the operation appears. Click OK. For example:
When redeploying a proxy service, by default there is a two-second delay to allow the existing configuration to finish processing current messages. You can change this delay by adding the
hotupdate.timeoutparameter to the parameters section of
<ESB_HOME>/repository/conf/axis2/axis2.xml. For example, to eliminate the delay, add the following line:
<parameter name="hotupdate.timeout" locked="false">0</parameter>
- To edit a proxy service, click on the Edit link in the Specific Configuration panel. The Modify Proxy Service page will open.
- Edit the following proxy service options as required. For more information about Proxy Service options, see Adding a Proxy Service.
- Publishing WSDL: The WSDL used to provide information about the message format and parameters of the back end service. See Publishing a WSDL for further information.
- Service Parameters: If you want to add a parameter to the proxy service, click Add Parameter. Then add the name and the required value of the relevant parameter.
- Service Group: When a proxy service is created, it is added to an axis service group which has the same name as the proxy service by default. The Service Group field can be used to specify a custom axis service group for the proxy service.
Do Not load service on startup: If this check box is selected, the proxy service will be deactivated at the time the ESB server is started/restarted.
- Pinned servers: The servers in which the proxy service should be activated when multiple instances of the ESB exist in a cluster. If no servers are specified in this field, the proxy service will be activated in all the servers.
- Service Description: This is a free text field used to enter a description for the proxy service.
- Transport: Select a transport for the proxy service by selecting one of the check boxes.
- Click Finish to save your modifications.