On the ESB Management Console, you can go to the Deployed Services screen to view all existing proxy services. The following icon denotes a proxy services:
Follow the instructions below to set up specific configurations for a proxy service.
- Log on to the ESB Management Console.
- On the Main tab of Management Console go to Manage -> Services and click List. You will see the Deployed Services screen with details of all existing proxy services displayed in the Services list.
Click the name of the required proxy service to open the service dashboard of the proxy service.
- Click on Deactivate in the Operations panel if you want to de-activate the proxy service.
- Click the appropriate link on the Specific Configuration panel based on your requirement. You can perform the following actions via the Specific Configuration panel:
- Edit a proxy service
Redeploy a proxy service
When redeploying a proxy service, there is a two-second delay by default to allow the existing configuration to finish processing the current messages. You can change this delay by adding the
hotupdate.timeoutparameter to the parameters section of
<ESB_HOME>/repository/conf/axis2/axis2.xml. For example, to eliminate the delay, add the following line:
<parameter name="hotupdate.timeout" locked="false">0</parameter>
- Enable or disable statistics
- Enable or disable tracing
Editing a proxy service
To edit a proxy service
- Click Edit on the Specific Configuration panel. This opens the Modify Proxy Service screen.
- Edit the following proxy service options as required. For more information about Proxy Service options, see Adding a Proxy Service.
- Publishing WSDL: The WSDL used to provide information about the message format and parameters of the back end service. See Publishing a WSDL for further information.
- Service Parameters: If you want to add a parameter to the proxy service, click Add Parameter. Then add the name and the required value of the relevant parameter.
- Service Group: The axis2 service group to which the proxy service is related.
Do Not load service on startup: If this check box is selected, the proxy service will be deactivated at the time the ESB server is started/restarted.
- Pinned servers: The servers in which the proxy service should be activated when multiple instances of the ESB exist in a cluster. If no servers are specified in this field, the proxy service will be activated in all the servers.
- Service Description: This is a free text field used to enter a description for the proxy service.
- Transport: Select a transport for the proxy service by selecting one of the check boxes.
- Click Finish to save your changes.