To use the SMPP connector, add the <SMPP.init> element in your configuration before carrying out any other SMPP operations. This is used to Bind with the SMSC (Short Message service center). Before start the ESB, download jsmpp-2.1.0-RELEASE.jar copy inside the component -> lib folder.
- host: IP address of the SMSC.
- port: Port to access the SMSC.
- systemId: username to access the SMSC.
- password: password to access the SMSC.
- enquireLinkTimer [Optional] : Used to check the connectivity between the SMPP connector and SMSC.
- transactionTimer [Optional] : Time elapsed between SMPP connector request and corresponding response.
- systemType [Optional] : It is used to categorize the type of ESME that is binding to the SMSC. Examples include “CP” (Content providers), “VMS” (voice mail system) and “OTA” (over-the-air activation system).
- addressTon [Optional] : Indicates Type of Number of the ESME address.
- addressNpi [Optional] : Numbering Plan Indicator for ESME address.
Now that you have connected to SMSC, use the information in the following topic to perform operation with the connector.