- Gadgets are specified in XML. The first line is the standard way to start an XML file. This must be the first line in the file.
- The <Module> tag indicates that this XML file contains a gadget.
- The <ModulePrefs> tag contains information about the gadget such as its title, description, author, and other optional features.
- The line <Content type="html"> indicates that the gadget's content type is HTML.
- </Content> signifies the end of the Content section.
- </Module> signifies the end of the gadget definition.
Also refer to the tutorial Google Gadget Basics.