Users can upload schemas from their local file system as a Governance Archive (see Creating a Governance Archive) or import from a given URL.
First schemas will be validated before storing to the registry. During the schema import process, the original schema will be put into the location where all the schemas are stored and if there are any other inner schema imports in the given schema, those imports also put into the registry through the same schema import process.
Adding a schema
Follow the instructions below to add a new schema to the Governance Registry.
- Sign in. Enter your user name and password to log on to the Management Console.
- Click Main > Metadata > Add > Schema.
- Select whether to import the schema from a URL or upload it from a file.
- If importing from URL is selected, specify the URL of the schema, its name and version.
- If uploading from file was selected, you can upload a single schema file or a ZIP file (in .zip or .gar extension) containing set of schema files. See Creating a Governance Archive. Use the Browse button to upload a file.
- Click Add button.
To update an existing schema, either delete and add it again or use the Resource Browser.
WSO2 Governance Registry validates each schema file during the first addition. It will also validation any schema imports.
Validation each schema file as it is being added can become an expensive operation. Schema validation can be disabled by setting the
disableSchemaValidation property to
true in the respective handler configurations. The
ZipWSDLMediaTypeHandler support this configuration. For more information on how to configure handlers please read Handler Configuration Details.
Additional validation rules can be defined using handlers. See Resource Content Validation Sample.
- All the added schemas can be viewed under List > Schemas.
Information such as Schema Name, Schema Namespace, Life Cycle status, Actions and Dependency tree are displayed about schemas.
When filtering the data using more than one value in the search field, use comma separated values with quotation marks to distinguish the values. E.g., if there are two entries with the words Connector and Resource, the search string would be: "Connector", "Resource".
- A schema can be selected by the name of the schema.
The visualize view provides a custom UI to that particular schema, which would displays information about the content of the schema.