Universal Description, Discovery and Integration (UDDI) is a platform-independent, XML-based registry by which businesses worldwide can publish and subscribe to web services. Each business will create a listing of itself on the registry and discover services deployed by each other.
- WSO2 Governance Registry is compliant with UDDI specification version 3.0. In order to make Registry UDDI capable, Apache JUDDI has been embedded as the UDDI server. Therefor in the context of UDDI, Governance Registry also
- Adhere to JAXB, JAXWS and JPA standards
- Contains UDDIV3 API Java Client Libraries
- Recommended to use with JDK 1.6 , but supports JDK 1.5 or later
- Since UDDI is all about describing , discovering , and integrating business services, the embedded UDDI server is synchronized with the Registry and allows users to add services from Registry and manage them through UDDI APIs. Similarly, it allows users to work with the UDDI server just like with any other UDDI server as well.
- Using UDDIV3 web service API s it is possible to perform operations on the UDDI registry such as publish services, find businesses, find services and many more.
To enable UDDI in Governance Registry, the server must be started with the following command.
- Please refer the The Usage of UDDI APIs to find out about the UDDI API functionality.