Any Configurable Governance Artifact deployed on the registry is exposed as a web service. By retrieving the corresponding WSDL of the Configurable Governance Artifact service it is possible write external clients to do Create, Retrieve, Update, Delete operations on the implemented artifact.
The WSDL of a Configurable Governance Artifact Service can be exposed by giving the value
falseto the following configuration given in the
- Now after starting the server the service WSDL can be accessed. For an example lets say that we have implemented a Configurable Governance Artifact called
Department. The corresponding service can be accessed as given in the following URL.
- When going through the WSDL it is evident that it contains operations with operation names containing the singularLabel of the artifact. For an instance if the singular label of the artifact is Department then the operations would be as below.
- addDepartment - create an artifact in the type Department.
- getDepartment - retrieve an artifact in the type Department.
- updateDepartment - update an artifact in the type Department.
- deleteDepartment - delete an artifact in the type Department.
- getDepartmentArtifactIDs - get all the artifact ID s of artifacts in the type Department.
4. Users can write their own clients to use artifact service operations as given above in order to do CRUD operations and corresponding parameters for those operations can be passed as below. for an instance the
getDepartment method can be accesssed as
For a complete RXT sample which creates an RXT configuration model, deploys and tests it, see the RXT Service Client Sample.