If the currently selected entity is a collection, the "Content" panel is called "Entries" and shows the child entries under that collection. It provides details of each entry. An entry can be either another collection or a resource.
If the currently selected entity is a resource, the "Content" panel provides a user interface through which one can display, edit, upload, and download the content.
- Add Resource
- Add Collection
- Create Link
- Child Resources- The list of child entries under the collection provides the following information:
- Name - The name of a child resource.
- Created On - The date when a child resource was created.
- Author - The author who created a child resource.
You can also see the detailed information about the resource clicking on the "Info" icon. The following information is available:
- Media Type - Display the media type of the resource
- Feed - Generate a RSS feed for the resource
- Rating - Ratings of the resource
To see the available actions over a resource, click on the "Actions" icon.
The following actions over the resources are available:
- Rename - Allows to rename a resource/collection.
- Move - Allows to move a resource/collection to a new directory.
- Delete - Allows to delete a resource/collection.
- Copy - Allows to copy a resource/collection to a specified directory.
INFO: These four actions are not available for all resources/collections. They are available based on the user's permissions. For example, if a user role has no write access (deny) to a resource/collection, then the
rename option will not be available.
Renaming a Resource/Collection
1. To rename a resource/collection, click "Rename" and enter a new name to the field.
2. Click on the "Rename" button to save a new name of a resource/collection.
Moving a Resource/Collection
1. To move a resource/collection to a new directory, click "Move" and specify "Destination Path."
2. Click "Move."
Please note that you cannot move resources and collections across mounts if they have dependencies or associations against it. However, movement of resources can be done within a scope of a mount. For more information on mounts read Remote Instance and Mount Configuration Details.
Deleting a Resource/Collection
1. To delete a resource/collection, click "Delete" and confirm your request in the "WSO2 Carbon" window. Click "Yes."
Copying a Resource/Collection
1. To copy a resource/collection to some directory, click "Copy" and specify "Destination Path."
2. Click "Copy."
Please note that you cannot copy resources and collections across mounts if they have dependencies or associations against it. However, copying of resources can be done within a scope of a mount. For more information on mounts read Remote Instance and Mount Configuration Details.
If the resource was successfully copied, the "WSO2 Carbon" window appears. Click "OK."
The following actions over a resource are available:
- Display as text
- Edit as text
Display as Text
The "Display as text" function allows only to view the content of a resource.
1. Click on the "Display as text" link to see the content.
2. Click on the "Done" button to hide the text.
Edit as Text
The "Edit as text" function allows to edit a resource either in "Plain Text Editor" or "Rich Text Editor."
1. Click on the "Edit as text" link to see a resource text in the editor.
2. Once editing the text, click on the "Save Content" button.
The "Upload" function allows to upload a file to the resource. The content of the resource will be replaced by the content of the file you upload.
1. Click on the "Upload" link to upload a file.
2. Use the "Choose File" button to select a file from the registry.
3. Once selecting a file, click on the "Upload" button.
Please note that you need to upload a file of the same type as the existing resource, or else the resource will get corrupted. For resources such as WSDL or Schema, we expect that users would upload modifications to the existing resource that do not include changes to namespaces and imports.
The "Download" function allows to download the resource from the host.
1. Click on the "Download" link.
2. The "Security Warning" window may appear. Click "Save" to start downloading.
3. Select a path to save a resource.
4. Click "Save" to download a resource to a specified directory.