Once you add a WSDL asset, which is associated with a lively available SOAP service to WSO2 Governance Registry, you can invoke the SOAP service using SOAP UI by copying its URL to Clipboard as explained below.
Adding the SOAP Service
Follow the steps below to add the underlying WSDL file of the sample publicly available live SOAP service that we use in this guide, to WSO2 G-Reg. For more information on adding a SOAP Service to WSO2 G-Reg, see Adding a SOAP Service.
- Log in to the G-Reg Publisher using the following URL and admin/admin credentials:
Click the Add button of the SOAP Service box as shown below.
Select Add a SOAP Service using a "WSDL" option as shown below.
- Select Upload WSDL from a file option as shown below.
- Click Browse to select the WSDL file to upload it, and then specify its version as shown below.
Refresh the screen to view the new WSDL artifact you added as shown below.
Viewing the dependencies of the added Service
Follow the steps below to view how the added SOAP Service, WSDL, and Endpoint are created and linked together using the provided dependency view. For more information on viewing dependencies between assets, see Viewing Dependencies of Artifacts.
- Click the WSDL artifact which you created above.
- Click the following Show Dependency button:
- You view the dependencies of the selected artifact as shown below.
Copying the URL of the WSDL
Follow the steps below to copy the URL of the WSDL to Clipboard. You need the URL to invoke the SOAP Service using the SOAP UI.
- Click the following Go to Store button in the top right hand corner of the G-Reg Publisher Home Page, to access the G-Rg Store:
- Log in to the G-Reg Store using the following URL and admin/admin credentials:
- Click WSDLs in the main menu as shown below.
- Click the WSDL which you added as shown below.
- Click the following Copy URL button, to copy the URL of the selected WSDL to Clipboard:
Invoking the Service using a SOAP UI Project
Follow the steps below to create a new SOAP UI Project using the URL of the WSDL, which you copied to Clipboard.
- Download and install SOAP UI.
- Open the SOAP UI application.
- Click the following SOAP button in the top menu:
- Enter a name for a new Project for Project Name, and paste the copied URL for Initial WSDL, as shown below.
- Click OK.
- Enter the credentials that you use to log in to WSO2 G-Reg as authentication details for the WSDL as shown below, and then click OK.
- Expand the
GetWeatherfunctionmenu, and double-click the Request1 option in the Navigator as shown below.
- Replace the values of the
<web:CountryName>properties with preferred values as shown below, to invoke the Service.
- Click the following button in the Request1 window, to submit the specified request:
You view the response of the invocation as shown below.