Microsoft WebDAV client is called "WebDAV Mini Redirector" and allows one to map a WebDAV location to a Drive letter.
Enable Network Discovery
By default, Windows Firewall blocks network discovery (formerly called UPnP technology), but you can enable it.
For Windows XP and Vista
- Open "Network and Sharing Center" by clicking the "Start" button.
- Click "Control Panel," then "Network and Internet," and then click "Network and Sharing Center."
- If network discovery is off, click the arrow button to expand the section.
- Click "Turn on network discovery," and then click "Apply."
- If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
For Windows 7
- Open "Advanced sharing settings" by clicking the "Start" button.
- Click "Control Panel." In the search box, type network, click "Network and Sharing Center."
- In the left pane, click "Change advanced sharing settings."
- Click "Turn on network discovery" in the "Home or Work" tab and then click "Save Changes."
Mounting Registry to Your Local File System
Use following steps to mount the complete Registry root in to your file system.
- Right click on "My Computer" and select "Map Network Drive."
- In the folder "entry field," enter the URL (
- Enter your username and password of a user who has read permission in to Registry root in the authentication box that appears.
- This will mount complete
GREGroot as a network drive.