The .NET Sample for Governance Registry explains how to make use of the Web Services API of WSO2 Governance Registry in .NET applications. Read below to learn how to run the sample in Microsoft Visual Studio.
The WSO2 Governance Registry Web Services API can be used in Java applications, .NET applications and also application written in other languages such as PHP, Ruby, and Python. To learn more about the capabilities of the Web Services API of Governance Registry please have a look at the WS-API Sample.
Pre - Requirements
To get the sample to work, you must first do the following:
1. Start the WSO2 Governance Registry by running the appropriate script from
See Running the Product for more information.
Though this sample will only work in a Windows environment, the WSO2 Governance Registry server can run on a Linux Server.
2. Install Microsoft Visual Studio. Please read more information on installing Microsoft Visual Studio 2010.
This sample of WSO2 Governance Registry has been design to run on Microsoft Visual Studio 2010.
Steps to get this sample to work
1. Open the
GREG_HOME/samples/dotnet/WSO2 location in Windows Explorer.
2. Double Click the
WSO2.sln icon to open the solution in Visual Studio.
3. After the solution is loaded on Visual Studio Right Click on the
Set as StartUp Project to select it.
5. Click on the
Start Without Debugging option on the
You should now get a result of the test cases that were executed against the WSO2 Governance Registry through .NET.
6. Log in to WSO2 Governance Registry Management Console and check for activities done by the
admin user. See Activities Search.
7. Read and review the activities performed by the Admin user for the invocations through the .NET WS-API sample.