This section explains about working with resource metadata and managing revisions using the "Create Checkpoint" and "View versions" options. Revisions are a useful way to facilitate Disaster Recovery and Fault Tolerance in Governance Registry. By creating a revision, a user essentially saves a snapshot of the current state of a resource or collection which can be restored at a later date. The Governance Registry's checkpoint and restoration mechanisms are similar to that of System Restore of Microsoft Windows.
The "Metadata" panel displays the following properties of the resource or the collection:
- Created - Shows the time when a resource was created and the author of a resource/collection.
- Last Updated - Shows the time when a resource was updated and the author of alterations/collection.
- Media Type - An associated Media type of the resource/collection.For more information about Media types, please, visit the Adding a Resource page.
- Checkpoint - Allows to create a checkpoint (URL for the permanent link) of a resource/collection.
- Versions - Allows to view versions of a resource/collection.
- Permalink - Holds the resource URL in both HTTP and HTTPS. (e.g. -
- Description - Description of the resource/collection.
1. To create a checkpoint, click on the "Create Checkpoint" link.
2. If the checkpoint was successfully created, the "WSO2 Window" appears. Click "OK."
When checkpoints are created, properties, comments, ratings and tags will also taken into consideration. If you do not want them to be versioned along with resource content, it can be disabled by making changes to the Static Configuration. However, these changes need to be done before the server has been started for the first time.
1. Click on the "View versions" link.
2. The "Versions" page appears.
- Version - Shows the number of a resource/collection version.
- Last Modified Date - Shows the last date of updating.
- Last Modified By - Shows the author of alterations.
- Details - Allows to get to the "Browse" page of a particular resource/collection version.
- Restore - Allows to restore a resource/collection version.
- Delete Version History - Allows to delete the version history resource.
To learn more about restoring to a previous version read here.
1. To edit a description of a resource/collection, click on the "Edit" link.
2. Edit the description of a resource/collection in the text area.
3. Click "Save."