The "Subscriptions" panel allows you to add subscriptions to resources and collections. If you have already had any subscriptions, they will be listed in a table displayed within this panel.
Adding a Subscription
- Click on the Add Subscription link.
- The form which allows you to create new subscriptions appears. For a resource, the form appears as shown below with the event type and the notification method.
- For a collection the form would appear as follows. You can either add a subscription to the selected collection or you can define a hierarchical subscription which would effect on the collection and its children.
- Based on the notification method you select, you may be required to provide additional information such as the e-mail address, role name, user name, endpoints etc. The following screen illustrates adding an Update type subscription to a resource, choosing email as the notification type.
- A similar kind of subscription is added to a collection where even a hierarchical subscription method is chosen.
- Having done this step, click on the "Subscribe" button to add a subscription.
The event types supported by default are as follows:
- Check LC Item - Represents the event that fires when an item is checked in a lifecycle check-list.
- Uncheck LC Item - Represents the event that fires when an item is unchecked in a lifecycle check-list.
- Create Child - Represents the event of creating a resource (or collection) within an existing collection.
- Delete Child - Represents the event of deleting a resource (or collection) within an existing collection.
- Delete - Represents the event of deleting a resource (or collection).
- Create LC - Represents the event of creating a lifecycle.
- Delete LC - Represents the event of deleting a lifecycle.
- Change LC State - Represents the event of changing a lifecycle state.
- Update - Represents the event of updating a resource or collection.
LC Approval Needed - Represents an event that fires when lifecycle transition requires user approvals.
LC Approval Withdrawn - Represents an event that fires when the remove approval form (remove vote) transition event occurs.
LC Approved - Represents an event that fires when a transition event is approved (vote).
Some of these events may not be available for certain types of resources and collections.
The following notification methods are available:
- E-mail - Any valid e-mail address.
- REST - An endpoint accepting HTML or text content.
- SOAP - An endpoint accepting notifications as a SOAP message.
- User Profile - A valid user's profile. Notifications are sent to the e-mail address specified on the user's default profile.
- Group Profile - A valid group's profile. Notifications are sent to the e-mail address specified on the group's default profile.
- Management Console - With a valid role, Notifications are sent to work-list of the role.
- JMX - Notifications are sent via JMX.
One Time Email Verification
When adding subscriptions to different resources defining the same email address as the notification method, for each subscription users receive a verification email with a link to verify the subscription. The subscription gets active only if the user clicks the verification URL. However if the user starts the server as
./wso2server.sh -Donetime.email.verification=true the email verification would only happen once when the particular email address is used for first time.
The frequency is available:
A hierarchical subscription method can be defined for collections. The following are the provided hierarchical subscription methods.
- Collection only - The subscription has an effect on the selected collection only.
- Collection and Children only - The subscription has an effect on the selected collection and its immediate child resources only.
- Collection,Children and Grand Children - The subscription has an effect on the selected collection and its all child resources .
Use the "Delete" link in the "Actions" column to delete a subscription.