In this tutorial let's take a look at how you can create a web clip using the WSO2 IoT Server app publisher.
What is a web clip?
A web clip is used to add a bookmark to a web application. It is similar to creating a shortcut to access a web page or website.
For example, the employees at MobX need to access the WSO2 website frequently. Therefore, the administrator decides to create a web clip so they can access the website in just one click.
- Navigate to the App Publisher using the following URL:
- Click AddNew Mobile Application that is under the Mobile Application drop down.
- Enter the application details:
- Select Web App for Platform type.
- Enter the URL of the webpage or website, and click Next.
- Enter the following details of the app.
- Name - The full name of the app.
- Display Name - The name of the app that is displayed to the user.
- Description - A summarized description of the app.
- Recent Changes - Optional. A summarized description of what is new in this app when compared to its previous version.
- Version - Version of the public application. If you have previously entered a different version of this app, make sure to enter a unique version number.
- Category - Select the category that this app needs to be listed under.
- Visibility - Enter the user roles that this app will be visible to.
- Click on the respective + buttons to upload the required images.
- Banner - Image that will appear as the app banner.
- Screenshots - Screenshots of the app so that the user can get an understanding of what the app offers. A maximum of four screenshots are allowed.
- Icon file - The image that will be used as the application icon in the Store and when the application is installed on a device.
The recommended image extension is
.pngwhile the recommended dimensions are as follows:
- Icons: 124px x 124px
- Screenshots: 288px x 512px (landscape) and 512px x 288px (portrait)
- Banners: 705px x 344px
You must follow the above standards when creating a webclip. A web clip is used to add a bookmark to a web application.
- Click Submit for Review for the web clip you created.
- Click Approve > Publish.
The web clip is now available in the app store for device owners to install on their devices.
To learn more about the mobile application life cycle, see Mobile Application Lifecycle Management.
NOTE: You won't be able to uninstall a web clip that you installed on your device from Android 6 and above.
Your web clip is now published and available in the WSO2 IoT Server app store. Next, take a look at Installing an Application on a Device.