User kernel of Carbon has the following features:
- The concept of single user store, which is either external or internal.
- Apache LDAP is the default, embedded user store.
- Ability to configure multiple user stores.
- Ability to operate in read-only mode on your organization's LDAP and Active Directory userstores.
- Ability to operate in read-write mode on internal and external user stores.
- Supports any custom realm.
- Roles can contain users from external user stores.
- Improved configurability for external user stores.
- Capability to read/write roles from/to LDAP/Active Directory user stores.
- Implements management permission through the management console UI.
The user core in all WSO2 Carbon-based products is defined in $PRODUCT_HOME/repository/conf/user-mgt.xml file.
Visit the following pages to learn more information about the user core kernel usage:
- Realm Configuration
- Default LDAP User Store Configuration
- Internal JDBC User Store Configuration
- Changing the RDBMS
- Configuring External User Stores
- Connect the WSO2 API Manager to an External LDAP User Store
- Load Balancing WSO2 Identity Server (PDP cluster) using Apache HTTP Server