Prior to installing any WSO2 Carbon based product, it is necessary to have the appropriate prerequisite software installed on your system. Verify that the computer has the supported operating system and development platforms before starting the installation.
- All WSO2 Carbon-based products are Java applications that can be run on any platform that is Oracle JDK 1.6.*/1.7.* compliant. JDK 1.8 is not supported yet .
- All WSO2 Carbon-based products are generally compatible with most common DBMSs. The embedded H2 database is suitable for development, testing, and some production environments. For most enterprise production environments, however, we recommend you use an industry-standard RDBMS such as Oracle, PostgreSQL, MySQL, MS SQL, etc. For more information, see Working with Databases. Additionally, we do not recommend the H2 database for use as a user store.
- WSO2 Identity Server is shipped with a default embedded ApacheDS. However, in a production environment, it is recommended to use an LDAP like OpenLDAP, due to scalability issues that exist with Apache DS.
- For environments that WSO2 products are tested with, see Environments Tested with WSO2 Products.
- If you have difficulty in setting up any WSO2 product in a specific platform or database, .
The following applications are required for running the product and its samples or for building from the source code. Mandatory installs are marked with *.
Java SE Development Kit (JDK)*
1.6.24 or later / 1.7.*
You need to download the Java Cryptography Extension (JCE) Unlimited Strength Jurisdiction Policy files from here and add the files to the security directory of your Java installation to avoid
5.5.0 or later
1.7.0 or later
NOTE: On Windows Server 2003, you must not go below the medium security level in Internet Explorer 6.x.