The "System Logs" page displays information regarding the log files of the current product. Furthermore, it has a feature that allows the user to view and download log files according to their preference. The log files can be retrieved in two ways:
- If syslog-ng is configured, log files are taken from the remote location where the log files are hosted using the syslog-ng server.
- If syslog-ng is not configured, log files are taken from the local file system (super-tenant or Stand alone apps).
See more information about logs in Logging.
Follow the instructions below to access the System Logs statistics.
- Sign in. Enter your user name and password to log on to the Management Console.
- Click on "Monitor" on the left side of the screen to access the "Monitor" menu and click on "System Logs."
- The "System Logs" page appears. The log messages displayed on this page are obtained from a memory appender. Hence, the severity (log level) of the displayed log messages is equal to or higher than the the memory appender threshold.
- File Name - The name of the file containing logs for a certain time period
- Date - The date the log file was generated
- File Size - The size of the file in bytes
- Action - Allows you to view and download files
To view the logs of a particular file, click on the "View" link associated with the file.
To download a file, simply click on the "Download" link associated with the file, and specify the destination.
- The "System Log View" page appears.
- In the "View" list, select the category of logs you want to view. The available categories are:
- TRACE - Trace messages
- DEBUG - Debug messages
- INFO - Information messages
- WARN - Warning messages
- ERROR - Error messages
- FATAL - Fatal error messages
- You can also find a particular log using the search function. Enter the name (or part of the name) of the log to the "Search Logs" field and click on the "Search" button.
In the "Log Head" field, you can enter the number of log lines to be displayed from the top-down. Click "Search" to submit your query.
The location of the log files on the disk is specified in the