This topic lists out the steps required to configure and run the password recovery sample web application with the WSO2 Identity Server.
- WSO2 Identity Server 5.1.0 installed - This can be downloaded from the WSO2 Identity Server product page and installed by following the instructions in the Installing the Product topic.
- Apache Tomcat 6 - To deploy the sample web application.
- InfoRecoverySample - Follow these instructions to check out the samples folder.
Configuring the sample
- Do the following configuration changes to the
carbonServerUrlas the URL of the Identity Server. The following is an example.
Specify the credentials to access Identity Server with admin privileges for
accessPassword. The following is an example with the default WSO2 Identity Server credentials used.
Specify the trustStore absolute resource path for
trustStorePath. The following example specifies the path to wso2carbon.jks of the Identity Server.
If you are deploying the sample in Apache Tomcat, enable the SSL configuration in the
* [IS_HOME] should be replaced with the correct installation directory for identity server.
Configure the email confirmation links in the the
<IS_HOME>/repository/conf/email/email-admin-config.xmlfile and the attributes in the
<IS_HOME>/repository/conf/security/identity-mgt.propertiesfile. The configurations you make in these files depend on what you want to achieve. The following configurations provide information on what needs to be configured based on your scenario.
Recovering accounts using notification or secret question - Refer to the topic on password recovery with notification for a sample email template and the attributes needed in the
Self sign-up and account confirmation - Refer to the topic on Self Sign Up and Account Confirmation for a sample email template and the attributes needed in the
- Creating Users using the Ask Password Option - Refer to the topic on Creating Users using the Ask Password Option for a sample email template and the attributes needed in the
To run the sample app you can build the sample using Apache Maven.
Building the sample using Apache Maven
Before building the sample, ensure that you have followed the instructions in the configuration steps above.
Build the sample using Apache Maven by navigating to the sample's location in the command line and running the following command.
When building the sample, the Java source code of the project is compiled into class files and packaged into .jar files. The dependencies listed in the project are located in bins so that Tomcat can find and load them. Once the build process is complete, a
targetsfolder is created that has the .war file.
- Copy the .war file that is generated to the
- Start Apache Tomcat.