New features are easily installed onto the Identity Server using the "WSO2 Carbon Component Manager" that comes with the Identity Server. Component Manager is powered by Equinox P2 and allows you to connect to a remote or local P2 repository to install any feature onto the Identity Server runtime. The installed features can be also uninstalled.
To install new features
- Sign in to the management console by entering your user name and password.
- Click the Configure button to access the Configure menu and click Features.
- On the Feature Management page, select the Available Features tab.
- The Available Features section allows you to search for available features in repositories. You can select a particular repository or all available repositories from the drop-down menu. If there are no repositories, see Repository Management to add one.
- Some repositories contain multiple versions of features. If you are only interested in the latest feature versions, you can use the Show only the latest versions option.
- Click on the Find features button.
A list of all available features appears. Select the ones you want to add by selecting the corresponding check boxes.
To find a particular feature, use the search function. The Search feature is not sensitive to the case of the input letters. Enter the name of a feature (or part of the name) and click Enter.
- Click Install.
- The Install Details window appears. This step allows you to review the selected features to be installed. This page displays the size of the installation in KB. In certain instances, the size of the installation may be 0 KB. Equinox P2 does not delete OSGi bundles when you uninstall features. Therefore, when you try to install previously uninstalled features, there is no need to download OSGi bundles from the repository. They are already available in your local plugins folders. Hence, it is possible for the size of an installation to be 0 KB.
Some features depend on other features. For example, the "Service Hosting" feature depends on the "Service Management" feature. In order to install the "Service Hosting" feature, the "Service Management" feature should either already be installed on your system, or it should be available in one of the added repositories. Otherwise, Equinox P2 will complain that installation of the "Service Hosting" feature cannot be performed due to a missing dependency. All of this information is displayed on this page under the Summary section.
Get familiar with the provided information and click Next.
- Read and accept the terms of the license agreement. Click Next.
- The installation process starts. It may take a few minutes to download the necessary components.
- Once the installation process is complete, click Finish and restart the server for the changes to take effect.