This section demonstrates the use of the basic auth request path authenticator and the OAuth request path authenticator with the WSO2 playground sample. Follow the instructions below to try out this scenario (Steps 1-6 are common for both authenticators).
- Start the IS server and login to the management console.
- Navigate to Service Providers>Add, enter a name for the new service provider and click Add.
Expand the Inbound Authentication Configuration section, then the OAuth2/OpenID Connect Configuration and click Configure. For more information, see Configuring OAuth/OpenID Connect.
Use the following Callback URL when configuring OAuth for WSO2 playground: http://localhost:8080/playground2/oauth2client.
- Click Add and take note of the Client Key that is generated as you will need this later on.
- Expand the Local & Outbound Authentication Configuration section and then the Request Path Authentication Configuration section.
- Select the relevant authenticator for request path authentication from the dropdown and click Add.
- Select basic-auth for the basic auth request path authenticator.
- Select oauth-bearer from the dropdown for the OAuth request path authenticator.
- Click Update to save changes to the service provider.
- Start the tomcat server and visit the URL http://localhost:8080/playground2/oauth2.jsp to start the application.
- Fill in the details on the screen that appears according to the local authenticator you selected for request path authentication: