This section demonstrates the use of the basic auth request path authenticator and the OAuth request path authenticator with the WSO2 playground sample. Follow the instructions below to try out this scenario (Steps 1-6 are common for both authenticators). See Request Path Authentication for more information.
- Start the WSO2 Identity Server and log into the management console.
- Navigate to Service Providers>Add, enter a name for the new service provider and click Register.
Expand the Inbound Authentication Configuration section, then the OAuth2/OpenID Connect Configuration and click Configure. For more information, see Configuring OAuth/OpenID Connect.
Use the following Callback URL when configuring OAuth for WSO2 playground: http://wso2is.local:8080/playground2/oauth2client
- Click Add and take note of the Client Key that is generated as you will need this later on.
- Expand the Local & Outbound Authentication Configuration section and then the Request Path Authentication Configuration section.
- Select the relevant authenticator for request path authentication from the drop-down and click Add.
- Select basic-auth for the basic auth request path authenticator.
- Select oauth-bearer from the drop-down for the OAuth request path authenticator.
- Click Update to save changes to the service provider.
- Now you can use Playground sample application to test the configured request path authenticator. Start the tomcat server and visit the URL .
- Fill in the details on the screen that appears according to the local authenticator you selected for request path authentication. Identity Server will not prompt the login page since it can authenticate the user from the information available in the request.