This topic lists out the steps required to configure and execute testing of Identity Server's Passive STS.
- WSO2 Identity Server - This can be downloaded from the WSO2 Identity Server product page and installed by following the instructions in the Installing the Product topic.
- Apache Tomcat 6/7 - To deploy the sample web application. This can be downloaded from the Apache Tomcat website.
- Passive STS Sample - This can be downloaded from the GitHub repository by following the instructions in the Downloading a Sample topic.
Configuring the sample
Do the following configuration changes to the
idpUrlas the URL of Identity Server's Passive STS. The following is an example.
<init-param> <param-name>idpUrl</param-name> <param-value>https://localhost:9443/passivests</param-value> </init-param>
replyURLas the URL of the web app. The following specifies
PassiveSTSSampleAppas the web app.
<init-param> <param-name>replyUrl</param-name> <param-value>http://localhost:8080/PassiveSTSSampleApp/index.jsp</param-value> </init-param>
realm. This should be a unique identifier for the web app as seen in the example below.
<init-param> <param-name>realm</param-name> <param-value>PassiveSTSSampleApp</param-value> </init-param>
For tenant user logins, specify the
<init-param> <param-name>requestParams</param-name> <param-value>tenantDomain=tenant4.com</param-value> </init-param>
Configuring Identity Server
- Log in to the Identity Server and go to Service Providers>Add in the Main menu in the management console.
- Enter a unique name for the service provider and click Register. The following form appears.
- Expand the Inbound Authentication Configuration>WS-Federation (Passive) Configuration section and provide the following values. See Configuring WS-Federation (Passive) for more information.
- Passive STS Realm - Provide the same realm name given to the web app
- Passive STS WReply URL - Provide the URL of the web app
- Click update.
Deploying the sample on Apache Tomcat
- Download Apache Tomcat and extract the
.zipfile into your directory, if you have not already done so.
Build the sample's
.warfile by navigating inside the
<SAMPLE_HOME>directory where the
pom.xmlfile is located and running the following command
mvn clean install
- Copy the
PassiveSTSSampleApp.warfile located in the
<SAMPLE_HOME>/passive-sts/passive-sts-client/PassiveSTSSampleApp/targetdirectory and paste a copy of it in the
- Navigate inside the [
Tomcat_Home/bin]directory in the command line and run
sh catalina.sh runcommand to start the server.
- On your browser,access the following link:
- to get a SAML 1.1 token: http://localhost:8080/PassiveSTSSampleApp/index.jsp
- to get a SAML 2.0 token: http://localhost:8080/PassiveSTSSampleApp?samlv=2-0
- Enter user credentials and you will be redirected to the IS Passive STS Service.