Google can be used as a federated authenticator in the Identity Server. Do the following to configure the Identity Server to authenticate users using their Google user accounts.
- To navigate to the federated authenticators configuration section, do the following.
- Sign in. Enter your username and password to log on to the Management Console.
- Navigate to the Main menu to access the Identity menu. Click Add under Identity Providers.
For more information, see Adding and Configuring an Identity Provider.
Fill in the details in the Basic Information section.
- Register OAuth 2.0 Application in Google.
As the first step, go to Google API Console, navigate credential tab from the sidebar. You can configure OAuth web application in Google by selecting OAuth Client ID. You can find more details from here.
Select web application, give a name for the application (Eg:- SampleWebApllication).
Enter the Authorized redirect URI as https://localhost:9443/commonauth (This is the endpoint in WSO2 Identity Server which accepts the response sent by Google).
- Expand the Google Configuration form and configure the Google authenticator as shown below. Make sure to add your Redirect URI as the Callback URL and Client id and Secret which is generated from above Google application. You can find the client id and secret from edit OAuth client.
Fill in the following fields where relevant.
|Enable||Selecting this option enables Google to be used as an authenticator for users provisioned to the Identity Server.||Selected|
|Default||Selecting the Default check box signifies that Google is the main/default form of authentication. This removes the selection made for any other Default checkboxes for other authenticators.||Selected|
|Client Id||This is the username from the Google application you created from google developer console.||1421263438188909|
|Client Secret||This is the password from the Google application you created from google developer console. Click the Show button to view the value you enter.||12ffb4dfb2fed67a00846b42126991f8|
|Callback Url||This is the URL to which the browser should be redirected after the authentication is successful. It should have this format: |
https://(host-name):(port)/commonauth. Here ACS URL (Assertion Consumer URL) is the endpoint in WSO2 Identity Server which accepts the response sent by Google.
|Additional Query Parameters||This is necessary if you are connecting to another Identity Server or application. Sometimes extra parameters are required by this IS or application so these can be specified here.||scope=openid email profile|
- Identity Federation is part of the process of configuring an identity provider. For more information on how to configure an identity provider, see Configuring an Identity Provider.