OAuth 2.0 is an authorization framework that is capable of providing a way for clients to access a resource with restricted access on behalf of the resource owner. OAuth 2.0 is capable of authorizing the flows for web applications, desktop applications, and mobile applications among others.
OpenID Connect is an authentication protocol built on top of OAuth 2.0, which facilitates clients to verify the end-user identity against the authentication performed by an authorization server. At the same time, it provides methods to transfer the end user information through claims.
- Sign in. Enter your username and password to log on to the Management Console.
- Navigate to the Main menu to access the Identity menu. Click Add under Identity Providers.
For more information, see Adding and Configuring an Identity Provider.
- Fill in the details in the Basic Information section.
- Expand the Federated Authenticators section and then the OAuth2/OpenID Connect Configuration form.
Fill in the following fields where relevant.
Prior to this, you need to configure an application for Identity server in the federated authorization server and get the application information such as client ID and secret. For more information, see configuring OAuth2-OpenID Connect single sign-on.
Field Description Sample value Enable OAuth2/OpenIDConnect Selecting this option enables OAuth2/OpenID Connect to be used as an authenticator for users provisioned to the Identity Server. Selected Default Selecting the Default check box signifies that the OAuth2/OpenID Connect credentials are the main/default form of authentication. This removes the selection made for any other Default checkboxes for other authenticators. Selected Authorization Endpoint URL This is a standard OAuth Authorization Endpoint URL of the federated IDP. https://localhost:9443/oauth2/authorize/ Token Endpoint URL This is a standard OAuth Token Endpoint URL of the federated IDP. https://localhost:9443/oauth2/token/ Client Id Client ID of the application you registered in the IDP for Identity server. 1421263438188909 Client Secret Client Secret of the application you registered in the IDP for Identity server. Click the Show button to view the value you enter. 12ffb4dfb2fed67a00846b42126991f8 Callback URL This is the URL to which the browser should be redirected after the authentication is successful. It should be the commonauth endpoint of Identity server https://localhost:9443/commonauth OpenID Connect User ID Location Select whether the User ID is found in the 'sub' attribute that is sent with the OpenID Connect request or if it is found among claims. User ID found in 'sub' attribute Additional Query Parameters This is necessary if you are connecting to another Identity Server or application. Sometimes extra parameters are required by this IS or application so these can be specified here. paramName1=value1
- Identity Federation is part of the process of configuring an identity provider. For more information on how to configure an identity provider, see Configuring an Identity Provider.
- See Log into Identity Server using another Identity Server - OAuth2 for a sample of using OAuth2/OpenIDConnect for federated authentication.