OpenID Connect is an authentication protocol that is a simple identity layer on top of the OAuth 2.0 protocol. It allows clients to verify the identity of the end-user based on the authentication performed by an authorization server, as well as to obtain basic profile information about the end-user in an interoperable and REST-like manner.
WSO2 Identity Server focuses on the following specifications.
The following topics further explains OpenID Connect.
- OpenID Connect Discovery
- OpenID Connect Authentication
- OpenID Connect Dynamic Client Registration
- Request Object Support
- Configuring OpenID Connect Authorization Server
- IDToken Signature Verification
- JSON Web Key Set Endpoint
- OpenID Connect Logout URL Redirection