This topic lists out the steps required to configure and execute testing of Identity Server's Passive STS.
- WSO2 Identity Server - This can be downloaded from the WSO2 Identity Server product page and installed by following the instructions in the Installing the Product topic.
- Apache Tomcat 6/7 - To deploy the sample web application. This can be downloaded from the Apache Tomcat website.
- Passive STS Sample - This can be downloaded from the GitHub repository by following the instructions in the Downloading a Sample topic.
Configuring the sample
Do the following configuration changes to the
idpUrlas the URL of Identity Server's Passive STS. The following is an example.
replyURLas the URL of the web app. The following specifies
PassiveSTSSampleAppas the web app.
realm. This should be a unique identifier for the web app as seen in the example below.
For tenant user logins, specify the
Configuring Identity Server
- Log in to the Identity Server and go to Service Providers>Add in the Main menu in the management console.
- Enter a unique name for the service provider and click Register. The following form appears.
- Expand the Inbound Authentication Configuration>WS-Federation (Passive) Configuration section and provide the following values. See Configuring WS-Federation (Passive) for more information.
- Passive STS Realm - Provide the same realm name given to the web app
- Passive STS WReply URL - Provide the URL of the web app
- Click update.
Deploying the sample on Apache Tomcat
- Download Apache Tomcat and extract the
.zipfile into your directory, if you have not already done so.
Build the sample's
.warfile by navigating inside the
<SAMPLE_HOME>directory where the
pom.xmlfile is located and running the following command
- Copy the
PassiveSTSSampleApp.warfile located in the
<SAMPLE_HOME>/passive-sts/passive-sts-client/PassiveSTSSampleApp/targetdirectory and paste a copy of it in the
- Navigate inside the [
Tomcat_Home/bin]directory in the command line and run
sh catalina.sh runcommand to start the server.
- On your browser,access the following link:
- to get a SAML 1.1 token:
- to get a SAML 2.0 token:
- Enter user credentials and you will be redirected to the IS Passive STS Service.