The following instructions guide you through upgrading from WSO2 Identity Server 5.5.0 to WSO2 Identity Server 5.6.0. In this topic,
<OLD_IS_HOME> is the directory that Identity Server 5.5.0 resides in and
<NEW_IS_HOME> is the directory that Identity Server 5.6.0 resides in.
Before you begin
This release is a WUM-only release. This means that there are no manual patches. Any further fixes or latest updates for this release can be updated through the WSO2 Update Manager (WUM).
- If you are upgrading to this version to use this version in your production environment, use the WSO2 Update Manager and get the latest available updates for WSO2 IS 5.6.0. For more information on how to do this, see Updating WSO2 Products.
Migrating the embedded LDAP user store
It is not generally recommended to use the embedded LDAP user store that is shipped with WSO2 Identity Server in production setups. However, if migration of the embedded LDAP is required, follow the instructions below to migrate the existing IS 5.5.0 LDAP user store to IS 5.6.0.
- Copy the
- Restart the server to save the changes.
To upgrade the version of WSO2 Identity Server, the user store database should be upgraded. Note that there are no registry schema changes between versions.
Follow the steps below as needed to complete the migration process.
- Download Identity Server 5.6.0 and unzip it in the
- Take a backup of the existing database used by Identity Server 5.5.0. This backup is necessary in case the migration causes issues in the existing database.
- Make the following database updates as indicated below.
wso2is-migration-x.x.x.zipfile from the latest release tag of the migration resources. Unzip it to a local directory.
This folder is referred to as
org.wso2.carbon.is.migration-x.x.x.jarfile in the
<IS_MIGRATION_TOOL_HOME>/dropinsfolder into the
Copy the migration-resources folder to the
Ensure that the following property values are as follows in the
migration-config.yamlfile found in the
- Copy any custom OSGI bundles that were added manually from the
<OLD_IS_HOME>/repository/components/dropinsfolder and paste it in the
Copy any added JAR files from the
<OLD_IS_HOME>/repository/components/libfolder and paste it in the
.jksfiles from the
<OLD_IS_HOME>/repository/resources/securityfolder and paste them in
- If you have created tenants in the previous WSO2 Identity Server version and if there are any resources in the
<OLD_IS_HOME>/repository/tenantsdirectory, copy the content to the
If you have created secondary user stores in the previous WSO2 IS version, copy the content in the
<OLD_IS_HOME>/repository/deployment/server/userstoresdirectory to the
You can use one of the following approaches to migrate depending on your production evironment.
Migrate by applying custom configurations to 5.6.0
Migrate by updating existing configurations with what's new in 5.6.0
Start the Identity Server 5.6.0 with the following command to perform the data migration for all components.
- Once the migration is successful, stop the server and start using the appropriate command.