This section walks you through the steps you need to follow to upgrade from WSO2 Identity Server 5.6.0 to WSO2 Identity Server 5.7.0. In this section,
<OLD_IS_HOME> is the directory that Identity Server 5.6.0 resides in, and
<NEW_IS_HOME> is the directory that Identity Server 5.7.0 resides in.
Before you begin
This release is a WUM-only release. This means that there are no manual patches. You can use WSO2 Update Manager (WUM) to get any fixes or latest updates for this release.
- If you are upgrading to use this version in your production environment, use WSO2 Update Manager to get the latest updates available for WSO2 IS 5.7.0. For more information on how to use WSO2 Update Manager, see Updating WSO2 Products.
Migrating the embedded LDAP user store
WSO2 does not recommend using the embedded LDAP userstore that is shipped with WSO2 Identity Server in a production environment. However, if you want to upgrade your existing IS 5.6.0 LDAP userstore to IS 5.7.0 embedded LDAP, follow the instructions below:
- Copy the
- Restart the server to save the changes.
To upgrade to the latest version of WSO2 Identity Server, you need to upgrade the userstore database. Note that there are no registry schema changes between versions.
Follow the steps below to perform the upgrade.
It is recommended that you run the cleanup scripts before migration to clean the expired, inactive, and revoked tokens/codes. This reduces the time taken for migration.
- Download Identity Server 5.7.0 and unzip it in the
- Take a backup of the existing database used by Identity Server 5.6.0. This backup is necessary in case the migration causes issues in the existing database.
- Do the following database updates:
wso2is-migration-x.x.x.zipfile from the latest release tag of the migration resources. Unzip it to a local directory.
This folder is referred to as
org.wso2.carbon.is.migration-x.x.x.jarfile in the
<IS_MIGRATION_TOOL_HOME>/dropinsfolder into the
Copy migration-resources directory to the
Ensure that the following property values are as follows in the
migration-config.yamlfile found in the
- If you manually added any custom OSGI bundles to the
<OLD_IS_HOME>/repository/components/dropinsdirectory, copy those to the
If you manually added any JAR files to the
<OLD_IS_HOME>/repository/components/libdirectory, copy those and paste in the
.jksfiles from the
<OLD_IS_HOME>/repository/resources/securitydirectory and paste in the
- If you have created tenants in the previous WSO2 Identity Server version and if there are any resources in the
<OLD_IS_HOME>/repository/tenantsdirectory, copy the content to the
If you have created secondary user stores in the previous WSO2 IS version, copy the content in the
<OLD_IS_HOME>/repository/deployment/server/userstoresdirectory to the
You can use one of the following approaches to migrate depending on your production evironment.
Migrate by applying custom configurations to 5.7.0
Migrate by updating existing configurations with what's new in 5.7.0
Start the Identity Server 5.7.0 with the following command to perform the data migration for all components.
- Once the migration is successful, stop the server and start using the appropriate command.