What is new in this release
WSO2 Identity Server (WSO2 IS) version 5.8.0 is the successor of version 5.7.0, and contains the following new features and enhancements:
- Support for OpenID Connect backchannel logout.
- Support for SAML frontchannel logout.
- Improvements for product observability.
- Support for X509 certificate-based authentication for passing the client certificate in the request header from the proxy over SSL tunneling.
- Support for issuing access tokens per token request.
- Support for configuring a JWKS endpoint for a OAuth or OIDC based service provider.
- Support for configuring SAML metadata validity period for the resident identity provider.
Includes OAuth transaction logs for token generation and introspection.
What has changed in this release
The design architecture of the current data publishers in WSO2 Identity Server (i.e. the
AuthenticationAuditLogger) have been deprecated and changed in this release.The new implementation consists of event handlers that subscribe to authentication events.
For more information, see Migrating Data Publishers.
For information on the Carbon platform version and Carbon Kernel version of WSO2 IS 5.8.0, see the Release Matrix.
All WSO2 products that are based on a specific Carbon Kernel version are expected to be compatible with each other. If you come across any compatibility issue, contact team WSO2.
For a complete list of improvements and bug fixes available with this release, see WSO2 IS 5.8.0 - Fixed Issues.