The following sections describe how to replace the default H2 database with MS SQL:
Setting up the database and users
Follow the steps below to set up the Microsoft SQL database and users.
- In the start menu, click Programs and launch Microsoft SQL Server 2012.
- Click Configuration Tools, and then click SQL Server Configuration Manager.
- Enable TCP/IP and disable Named Pipes from protocols of your Microsoft SQL server.
- Double click TCP/IP to open the TCP/IP properties window and set Listen All to
Yeson the Protocol tab.
On the IP Address tab, disable TCP Dynamic Ports by leaving it blank and give a valid TCP port, so that Microsoft SQL server will listen on that port.
The best practice is to use port 1433, because you can use it in order processing services.
- Similarly, enable TCP/IP from SQL Native Client Configuration and disable Named Pipes. Also, check whether the port is set correctly to 1433.
- Restart Microsoft SQL server.
Create the database and user
- Open the Microsoft SQL Management Studio to create a database and user.
- Click New Database from the Database menu and specify all the options to create a new database.
- Click New Login from the Logins menu, and specify all the necessary options.
Assign newly created users the required grants/permissions to log in and create tables, to insert, index, select, update and delete data in tables in the newly created database. These are the minimum set of SQL server permissions.
Setting up the JDBC driver
Download and copy the sqljdbc4 Microsoft SQL JDBC driver file to the WSO2 product's
<PRODUCT_HOME>/repository/components/lib/ directory. Use
<driverClassName> in your datasource configuration in
<PRODUCT_HOME>/repository/conf/datasources/master-datasources.xml file as explained in the next section.
In WSO2 IoT Server copy the driver file to the
By default, all WSO2 products are configured to use the embedded H2 database. To configure your product with MSSQL, see Changing to MSSQL.