Setting up the database and login role
Follow the steps below to set up a PostgreSQL database.
- Install PostgreSQL on your computer as follows:
- Start the PostgreSQL service using the following command:
- Create a database and the login role from a GUI using the PGAdminIII tool.
- To connect PGAdminIII to a PostgreSQL database server, locate the server from the object browser, right-click the client and click Connect. This will show you the databases, tablespaces, and login roles as follows:
- To create a database, click Databases in the tree (inside the object browser), and click New Database.
- In the New Database dialog box, give a name to the database, e.g., gregdb and click OK.
To create a login role, click Login Roles in the tree (inside the object browser), and click New Login Role. Enter the role name and a password.
These values will be used in the product configurations as described in the following sections. In the sample configuration,
gregadminwill be used as both the role name and the password.
- Optionally, enter other policies, such as the expiration time for the login and the connection limit.
Click OK to finish creating the login role.
Setting up the drivers
- Download the PostgreSQL JDBC4 driver.
Copy the driver to your WSO2 product's <
For WSO2 IoT Server you need to copy the driver to the
By default, all WSO2 products are configured to use the embedded H2 database. To configure your product with PostgreSQL, see Changing to PostgreSQL.